If the academy is unable to open to students and staff for any reason, we will communicate this in the following ways:
If the academy is forced to close during a school day the following procedure will be followed:
A text message to all parents/carers.
We will try to make contact by telephone with all parents.
If we are unable to make contact with any parents/carers we will follow our emergency closure procedure in accordance with the previous permissions we have received.
The following procedure will be followed:
1. Emergency closure announced to staff.
2. All students and staff return to their VMG room.
3. Text message sent home from the academy to inform you of the closure.
4. Bus companies contacted by the academy.
5. Students with consent to walk home will be dismissed.
6. Students with consent to leave, and that travel on an academy bus will be supervised in the main hall until all academy buses have arrived.
7. Telephone calls will be made to parents who have requested prior contact and their child will be supervised in the academy, until we have contacted home or you have arrived to collect your child.
If the academy remains closed for subsequent days, we will communicate this as above.
Previous correspondence can be found by following the links below.